Thursday, January 30, 2020

Love

What is love? I asked God.  God I say what is it tell me please.  The more I ask the more angry I got. Love is being there when a person needs you the most. Love is never giving up even through tough battles, I said to God, answering my own question. But then God gave me these words. These words that I couldn't get myself to understand.  He said,  " Love is patience. Love is being kind. Love is having compassion even when it means you being the one who hurts." I told God, I get it now and wrote this poem.

Letting Go
I made a decision that was hard
To let you go 
To let you fly
God told me don’t worry she’ll be fine
God told me ,“ Love is patience. Love is kind.”
I cried and yelled and couldn’t accept it 
His voice was clearer his voice was loud
He said one more time, “Love is patience. Love is kind.”
I finally understood I needed to stop being selfish 

I really hope that one day someone does this for me. That one day someone decides that I am worth the fight. Right now, I feel hurt, I feel pain, but I also feel great love and great hope. God told me to be patient, he told me to keep my door open. He told me to fight for me because if I don't think I'm worthy then nobody will. I will do my best to have patience and wait until God tells me too. Sometimes we don't know why and that is ok we just have to have faith in God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment