Friday, January 31, 2020

Obedient

I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart beating fast and sweat pouring down my face. For a moment,  I looked around to see if she was there. She wasn't and I began to start breathing heavy and I felt like my heart was going to pop out of my chest. Then I heard him saying , "Breathe, everything is ok!" I heard him say be obedient and pray.

The hardest part about accepting God is being obedient. It is hard to be obedient when all you want to do is run as fast as you can to be with the person you love. It is hard to listen when that isn't what your heart really wants. I've been having a hard time being faithful, being obedient because who likes to wait. As humans we need proof. We need to see that things are happening and we want things to happen fast but that isn't how God works.

I prayed and my heart started to beat normally again and peace started to come over me. I heard his voice calming me down telling me to not fear because he was there to make me feel safe. So I fell back asleep. I woke up got ready for work and walked my dog.

As I entered my car to drop off my dog at her house my heart started racing again. What if I see her? What if she sees me? I won't be able to be a warrior I will just cry. I won't be strong. I thought this in my head. But then God did something amazing. The radio began to play "Victory" by Elevation worship and I knew that he was there with me. So I listened to him and walked in the house with my head held high and kissed my dog goodbye and drove myself to work. He told me that today is going to be an amazing day and I believe him. So I leave you with these lyrics of Victory.  Be obedient and God will give you a victory.

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to You, Lord
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to You, Lord

If you have a chance listen to this song it is beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment