Thursday, January 30, 2020

Shadows and Darkness



My story begins with never feeling happy, never feeling like I was enough. I put on a face of happiness when really I was surrounded by shadows and darkness. A darkness that made me doubt myself and my partners love. A darkness that didn't let me see the beauty of life. I forgot everything about what made me, me. I forgot how to really and truly be in happy and in peace. I forgot how to love me. It wasn't until I snapped that I realized there was something truly wrong with me. 

I don't remember what happened when I snapped. The memories are all a blur to me. All I remember is waking up and feeling alone. Feeling like no one cared, no one loved me. I looked for the one person that had always brought me happiness and I couldn't find her. I couldn't see her anymore and I became more mad and more full of darkness. It wasn't until I was in the verge of desperation that I looked for help in God. I couldn't hear him I thought he had abandoned me. Yet, in a moment of sadness, I yelled his name louder and begged for him to free me from the darkness. And when he did this peace and happiness came over me and he taught be to be self-less. He reminded me who I truly was. He reminded me about everything I loved. So I leave you with this poem called I Forgot. 

I Forgot
I forgot how much I loved to write
I forgot how much I love me
I forgot how much it hurt to be alone
Yet, to know that you are free
I forgot how much I love to sing
To feel the warm sun on my skin
I forgot to be me
I forgot how to smile
But today that all changed
Today I remembered...
I remembered it no longer us
It's no longer you and me
Now it's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment