Friday, January 31, 2020

Teaching

This is the rock I sat on I had never noticed what it said until today.
I've always known that I love children. My dream is to have my own one day. However, while I was going through my tough dark moments teaching the one thing that I have always looked into for happiness also became something I hated. I couldn't remember why God had made me a teacher. I hated waking up and going to work everyday. I lost my passion and felt stressed everyday.

Being a teacher is hard. It is hard to not bring home the stresses of this job. I did just that came home everyday crying and angry that the system was not helping me out when all I needed was to pray to God. The job that I loved became a hassle. It wasn't until God began to be part of my life again that I remembered why I love this job and why God send me to be a teacher.

God reminded me that this job is self-less. He reminded me that I am doing this because these children need someone to show them love and compassion. I am a teacher to spread the message of God through love. Today I remembered the happiness of teaching as one of my children asked me to slide down the slide with her. I sat her on my lap and went down the slide with the wind hitting our faces and the sun kissing our rosy cheeks, we smiled. I smiled so hard that it hurt. My memories all came back and I felt this great love. Then I sat on a rock and all my children asked , " Ms. Elias why are you sitting there with your eyes closed on top of the rock?" I smiled and said , " To admire how beautiful and full of life you all are." They looked at me with confused faces and said , " You're silly Ms.Elias." I smiled harder because they made me see the love of God. So I wrote this poem...

Smile
Many days I was in darkness
Many days I cried for help
Seeing no beauty in this world
I forgot what it felt like to smile and not feel pain
A simple act of kindness
Will you come here and slide with me?
A simple question
A simple task
Sliding down the slide made me smile
And feel the love of God

No comments:

Post a Comment