Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Dream

Little girl, in a big world. When I was in college, my dream was to be an agent of change. I knew that this world was full of hate but I dreamed that me, a little girl who was only 4'10 could change the world for the better.  I wanted to spread happiness and joy through being a person who believed things could be different. I was proud that this was my dream and I navigated the world truly believing that I would make a difference. 

However, as my life went on people and the world seem to get harder and my dream seemed to be impossible.  I was laughed at by many and I was brought down by many and instead of being strong and believing that my dream was possible, I started to hate my dream. I started to conform to what people would say, "You aren't good enough, you will never be able to do that." I then started becoming like them destroying others dreams. I didn't realize till God pulled me out of the darkness that this dream is still alive in my heart. God put me in the perfect position to be a change. Today when I heard Pastor Steven's words I realized that my dream is still the same just happening a little bit different than I expected. He made me see that as a teacher, I am achieving this dream of changing the world for a better place through my children. I get to come to work everyday and influence how they see this world. I get to come to work and give my students love and make them believe that they can do anything. So today, I realized that God gives us a dream because it is possible to achieve. I realized that with Gods guidance and with faith in him you can be a little girl in a big world making a difference. God gave me this dream and I will hold on to it and believe even if no one else believes with me. I will spread love through paint, glue, and glitter because that is what my calling is. I hope that all of you who have a dream never give up and have faith that God will help you and put you in the right place to achieve your dream; you just need to have faith and listen.  So I leave you with my video.


No comments:

Post a Comment