Sunday, February 16, 2020

Waiting

Yesterday, instead of having my usual night of going out and hanging out with friends at a bar, I decided to go to a Saturday night bible study group. I was nervous at first thinking what if I do not fit in and if I don't like this group but God told me to give it a chance and I listened. Turned out to be the complete opposite of what I thought. Instead I loved the group and felt like I could relate to every single person in that room. We all were different ages, ethnicities, yet we all were there for God. The message I got to share with you all is about waiting.

Waiting is hard and no one likes it for many reasons. One, waiting means having patience and two, waiting means not knowing the end result. However, Gods promises come to those who wait. He loves us and makes us wait because it builds our character and makes us stronger. He knows the end result and if he makes a promise to us we have to have hope and wait in the light. With God in our life, having hope will lead to us never feeling shame. Sometimes people will shame you for having hope or make you think/feel like you are crazy but you hold on strong to that hope because God does not lie. So I leave you with this verse of the bible and with the message that while you wait rejoice and work on yourself. Be strong God has wonders planned for you.

Roman 5:1-11
Peace with God Through Faith
1Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, wea have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Through him we have also obtained access by faithb into this grace in which we stand, and wec rejoiced in hope of the glory of God. 3Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment