Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Future

I think a lot about my future. "Now what?", I ask God. What am I supposed to do? All my plans God for the future have changed. Then I hear his voice saying, " Worry about today? Worry about the present and what you're doing now." All my life I worried about the future.  I worried about what will I do in ten years from now, how much money will I have, when will I have kids? All these worries that went through my mind about the future. But I never really lived in the now. My life always going by so fast. But now I understand that the present is what matters. Living in small moments that make you happy. You can plan for the future all you want but you will never truly be ready. So God tells me today, to smile, to live in the present. He will guide me to the future one step at a time. Right now all he tells me is to have patience and be strong and the future will come when it is time. So I wrote this poem...

What is next?
What is next? I ask God
Tell me please because I feel so lost
Losing control of all that is around
What is next? I ask God
Then a small voice howls in the wind saying, "Worry about now!"
Smile, Breathe, Relax
Don't worry about the future nor the past

No comments:

Post a Comment